Cheater, Cheater Pumpkin Eater

One of my biggest pet peeves is when people cut in front of you on the road. The worst is when you're in the slow lane on the freeway and there's a merging lane that ends. But many people seem to ignore the fact that it's ended. They continue to pass 3 or 4 more cars before merging over. As if they're so much farther ahead now. Argh!

Tonight I had enough. I wanted to ram into the back of the guy who cut me off. I was headed south just before the 5/805 merge in the bypass lanes. The two left lanes go to the 5 and the two right lanes go to the 805. I was going to the 5, and in the right lane of the two left lanes. Traffic was bumper to bumper. The 2 lanes going to the 805 were moving much faster than those going to the 5. And the lane I was in was moving slower than the one to the left of me....because people kept cutting over from the fast 805-bound lane at the last minute into the 5-bound lane! The cheaters were cutting in front of all the people who had waited their turn patiently.

As I got closer to the end of the bypass I stayed extra close to the car in front of me so no one would cut in front of me. Well, even with this extra precaution, I got cut off! This jerk in a suburban thought he owned the road because he had the biggest car on it. He nudged his front end into my lane. There was only a foot or two between me and the car in front of me, but he insisted he'd fit in. So he nudged, and I moved forward, he nudged some more, and I moved forward. It was VERY clear that I did not want him cutting in. Then he had the nerve to honk at me! Like that's going to get me to let him in...it only annoyed me more. But he pushed and pushed until I had no choice. I had to give in.

I was outraged. I'm an easy-going person, and normally I'll just let it go when I get cut off. But this guy drove me nuts! I'm not a road rager, but I wanted to get back at him! But what can I do...there's nowhere to go in the traffic anyway. Luckily when I write it helps me vent and eases my mind.

0 comments:

Back to Home Back to Top Mrs. Mancove. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.