A New Blogger is Born

I've been meaning to create a blog for quite some time now. I'm embarrassed as a writer to say that I don't write on a regular basis. But now I will...

Where should I begin? I feel like I should write something witty, creative, maybe even thought-provoking or wise. But I'm not really in that kind of mood. My muse must be sleeping.

I was just in Mammoth with girlfriends last weekend and had a fabulous time. Got snowed out of Mammoth when we were almost there. Finally arrived at 7am (We left at 5:30pm for our 6-7 hour trip). And then we got snowed in at Mammoth when we wanted to go home! (We left at 3:30 when we would have liked to leave by 2.) Lots of great snow on the slopes though...and now 3 of my friends are one step closer to professional snowboarders...thanks to moi, snowboard teacher extraordinaire. (Since when have I been modest? I'm an awesome teacher!)

What kind of mom would I be if I didn't mention my doggie in my first-ever blog? Oslo makes me laugh every day. I just bought him a new pack of orange and blue tennis balls. Chris didn't want me to spend money on the "pretty" ones when we have plenty of regular tennis balls. But he seriously can tell a difference! I got them. He carried his new blue and orange ball around with him the ENTIRE night. Chew. Bounce. Chew. Bounce. Pounce. Chew. He's hilarious. I love that dang dog.


I don't mean to put a damper on your day, but this is what's been on the forefront of my mind the last couple days. Jamie (now living in Utah) just emailed me about her doggie, Neve (pronounced "Nevie," it means "snow" in Portuguese). (See photo above of Jamie and Neve.) Neve is a lot like Oslo...she's a wolf/husky mix. When I visited her in Colorado I fell in love with her, and that's when I began liking dogs (in the sense that I could someday own one). When Chris and I were looking for a dog, I wanted it to be just like Neve. When you say "I love you" to her, she howls back, "WI Wuv Woo." It's the cutest thing ever.

Well, Neve was diagnosed with mouth cancer last week. Jamie and Tim thought it was just an abscessed tooth when they brought her to the vet. She was given a week to a week and a half to live. She's been going downhill, and Jamie said she may need to be put to sleep tomorrow (Friday), and she's not eating or drinking very well anymore. They had a couple options to prolong her life maybe a couple weeks, which they were going to pray about and hopefully decide if they would do anything more. It's amazing how a pet can become such a part of your family. I couldn't stop crying the other day when she told me the situation. Especially now that I have a dog that I love so much, I can't imagine what Jamie and Tim are feeling right now. Neve is their baby!

Ok, this is Jayma signing out of my first blog.

0 comments:

Back to Home Back to Top Mrs. Mancove. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.