Trip to Arizona

My cousin got married in Seattle this past May. In December her family had a big party at their house in Arizona so that all their friends and family who couldn't make it to Seattle could celebrate with them.

Chris and I went to Arizona Dec. 27-28 and got to see my grandpa for the first time in years. It was the first time Chris had ever met him. And the first time my grandpa got to meet his first great-granddaughter. I won't got into all the details, but once my grandma passed away several years ago, my grandpa hasn't been the same person. There was a lot of tension in the family once he remarried. But recently he's been slowly coming back into our lives. On Dec. 27 we had 4 generations of our family in one place.

Here is a picture of my grandpa, my dad, my sister, and my niece...


Madison loved her great grandpa. And I think Grandpa enjoyed Madison. She would smile at him whenever he'd make silly faces at her, and she kept reaching for him.

It was definitely worth the trip to be able to take this picture and see four generations of our family together (it would have been worth the trip anyway, however). Who knows if this will ever happen again in my lifetime.

0 comments:

Back to Home Back to Top Mrs. Mancove. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.