Lipstick Jungle: A Sad Farewell

In the TV world nowadays, a good show is few and far between. My current shows consist of Entourage, CSI if I'm in the gory mood, sometimes the Office (hasn't been as good lately), Heroes (although I'm still on season 1), Lipstick Jungle, and anything on FoodNetwork. Of all those shows, Entourage and Lipstick Jungle are FAR above the rest. But I just found out that Lipstick Jungle has been canceled. I almost cried. I can't understand why people don't see the brilliance in this show.

The show is based on the book "Sex and the City," and that show did phenomenal. It's a sexy drama about 3 friends instead of 4, and they're a little older, but still the same premise.

Then I thought about it...the show wasn't marketed enough! Every time I mentioned the show to any friends, they may have heard of it, some had "meant" to watch it...if it was marketed enough they would have remembered! It's hard for me to really get hooked on a TV show, but I'm HOOKED on this one, so it's gotta be good. I have good taste, right? So the problem is that it didn't get enough exposure. And now it's been canceled. So it is with a very sad heart that this Lipstick Jungle fan says farewell to Wendy, Nico, Victory, Kirby, Joe, and Shane.

If you liked Sex and the City, go online to www.nbc.com/lipstickjungle and watch Lipstick Jungle from the beginning. You'll see what I'm talking about. I think they'll continue airing the rest of the current season 2 since they've already recorded them all...but I want them to keep making them!

Here's the premise:

Movie exec Wendy (Brooke Shields, "Suddenly Susan") does everything she can to balance career and family. Nico (Kim Raver, "24"), editor-in-chief of a hot fashion magazine, has her eye on becoming CEO. And free-spirited designer Victory (Lindsay Price, "Beverly Hills, 90210") longs to make her dreams come true -- and maybe find "Mr. Right" along the way.

Armed with humor and strength, these three modern New York women support one another through the triumphs and tears that are all part of making it big in the Big Apple. Also starring are Andrew McCarthy ("Joy Luck Club"), David NoroƱa ("Frasier") Paul Blackthorne ("Big Shots") and Robert Buckley ("Fashion House").

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
November 18, 2008 at 7:37 AM

Brook Shields says it isn't canceled. Maybe she just means for the end of the season?

Jayma Malme said...
November 19, 2008 at 11:53 AM

THAT'S AMAZING NEWS! I'll stop crying for the time being

Back to Home Back to Top Mrs. Mancove. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.