If I could have gluten...

I've been gluten-free for a year and a half, and I love it! (For those of you who don't know, gluten is found in wheat, barley, and rye. So no normal baked goods, bread, or beer for me...don't worry, I have ways around it!)

Even though I've gotten very accustomed to this lifestyle, there are many times I would really love to have a glutenous delight. Many people in my situation may cheat here and there, but I don't. I have definitely learned the art of self-control. It's selfish, really, because I don't want to get a blasted migraine!

But recently I've been thinking...dreaming...of what I would eat if I could have gluten again. Many things that I used to eat are easily replaced with the GF version (although the GF version is often not available if I'm at a restaurant, etc., so it's convenience I miss most), but some are just irreplaceable.

So, here is my top ten list of gluten-filled food I would eat if I could...

10. Sourdough bread
9. Bagels
8. Maple doughnuts
7. Ravioli
6. Triscuits
5. Sundried Tomato & Basil Wheat Thins
4. Real Mexican Flour tortillas
3. CPK Pizza
2. Bronx Pizza
1. Cheez-its!

Disclaimer: I wouldn't eat these junky foods all the time...it would just be nice to be able to have some every once in a while if I wanted.

Last week Erika and I exchanged haikus at work, and here's what I wrote in honor of my beloved #1 missed food:

Yummy orangish square
How I love your cheezy ways
But hate your gluten

Thank you, thank you. I'll be signing autographs next week.

1 comments:

Ashley Evans said...
January 7, 2009 at 8:51 PM

you are so looney...

Back to Home Back to Top Mrs. Mancove. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.