I gave in

I'm drinking coffee. I've already gotten a lot of slack for it, so I need to explain myself...

  • I am now at the point where I can have a cup of coffee every now and then and not fall back into my addiction. (Albeit it was mainly an addiction to the creamer...it was still a need I had every morning.)
  • My main reason for quitting coffee was that I hated my reliance on it. It used to be that if I missed my cup of coffee one morning...say, on the weekend...I'd get a headache from the lack of caffeine. I hated it that I depended on this substance for functioning during the day. Now I don't rely on it, so it's okay if I have it every once in a while! (My other reason for quitting coffee is because it is a headache trigger and the Lord knows I don't need any more triggers for my blasted headaches!)
  • I really needed the extra pick-me-up today. For some reason I'm extra tired and have a lot of work to do, so I needed the coffee buzz.
  • It was only HALF a cup :)
  • In my earlier post, I said "there's no going back!" This is still true...I will not go back permanently. This is just an every once in a while occurrence.
My half-cup of coffee is good...but not as good as it used to taste to me. (Although my caramel vanilla creamer does make it pretty tasty.) I am over my addiction to coffee, which was my main goal. I still prefer my tea!

3 comments:

Meli la gringa said...
November 4, 2008 at 3:00 PM

sounds like a true addict... rationalizing at every step. I'll be praying for you. ;-)

Anonymous said...
November 4, 2008 at 3:22 PM

Jayma I love you! If you need help or support at any time I'll be here. If you get the shakes or a migraine I'll cover at work. Or if you just need creamer...I'll make the run to the store.

Anonymous said...
November 4, 2008 at 3:29 PM

thanks guys. glad to see you care so much :)

Back to Home Back to Top Mrs. Mancove. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.