Recipe Week Day 4: Mixed-Up Lasagna

If you're anything like me, you don't want to bother with fussy meals. I love lasagna, but don't want to deal with the layers. So why not mix it up? The lasagna gets mixed up on your plate anyway...it tastes the same.

I found this recipe on Allrecipes.com years ago and printed it out, but I can't find it online anymore. It's one of my family's favorites, so it's a good thing I printed it!

Ingredients:
  • 1 tbsp olive oil
  • 1 small onion, diced
  • 2 garlic cloves, minced (or I use 1-2 tbsp already-minced garlic)
  • 1 lb ground beef or ground turkey
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 1-1/2 tbsp dried basil
  • 1 tsp dried oregano
  • 8 oz no boil lasagna noodles, broken into 2-inch lengths (I use brown rice noodles, which are gluten-free. I have also used regular pasta instead of lasagna noodles. Be sure you don't boil them very long because they'll cook while baking.)
  • 3 C tomato sauce (one 29-oz can)
  • 15 oz ricotta cheese
  • 1/4 C Parmesan cheese
  • 2 C shredded mozzarella cheese (8 oz)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Heat oil in a skillet over medium high heat and add the onion and garlic. Saute for a few minutes until the onion softens. Add the ground meat, brown and season with salt and pepper.

2. Mix the basil, oregano, noodles, tomato sauce, ricotta cheese, and Parmesan cheese into the meat mixture. Pour the mixed up lasagna into a 9x13 casserole dish and sprinkle the mozzarella on top. Cover loosely with aluminum foil.

3. Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes, until the noodles have softened and cheese is melted. (I like the top of my casseroles to be browned and crunchy, so I usually leave mine in about 45 min.)

Enjoy!

View Past Recipes:
Day1: Crockpot Turkey Chili
Day 2: Crockpot BBQ Beef
Day 3: Spicy Peanut Sauce
Bonus: Stovetop Turkey Chili

0 comments:

Back to Home Back to Top Mrs. Mancove. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.