Back in the Swing of Things - Stovetop Chili

I just created a blog for my sister so that she can post pictures and give updates about Madison and baby #2 once he/she arrives! So I thought I should probably start updating my own blog more often :) I have my craft blog though, which I do update regularly.

I'll start off with a great recipe for chili that I made last night. I have 2 chili recipes...once is for the crock pot and one is for stove top. This is for the stove top:

I adapted this recipe from Sam the Cooking Guy.

Ingredients
  • 1 lb ground turkey, browned and seasoned with a little kosher salt, garlic powder, and chili powder (or Lawry's season salt)
  • 4 sm cans of beans, your choice (I used white kidney beans and black beans...but I usually change it up depending on what's in the pantry)
  • 2 tbsp butter
  • 1 medium onion, diced
  • 4 cloves garlic
  • 2 tsp ground cumin
  • 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper (More or less depending on your preference. I usually use a dash.)
  • 1 tsp chili powder
  • 1 tsp dried oregano
  • 2 cups chicken stock
In a stock pot, melt the butter and saute the onions and garlic until onions are translucent. Toss all ingredients into the pot, let simmer for about half an hour to let all the flavors marry, and enjoy!

Easy peasy! Serves about 4.

0 comments:

Back to Home Back to Top Mrs. Mancove. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.