Recipe Week Day 1: Crockpot Turkey Chili

I love cooking and trying new recipes, so I decided that this next week is recipe week on my blog. I'm going to post a new recipe each day. Since I'm gluten-intolerant, any of you out there who have the same issue, rest-assured all my recipes are gluten-free!

Since I gave you my recipe for stove top chili in my last post, I decided it's only fair to give you my crockpot chili recipe. It's SO yummy....I've gotten rave reviews! But I have to give credit to LauraKE on Allrecipes.com :)

Prep time: 15 min. Cook time: 4 hrs (on high)

1 tbsp vegetable oil
1 lb ground turkey
2 cans (10.75 oz) low sodium tomato soup
2 (15 oz) cans kidney beans, drained
1 (15 oz) can black beans, drained
1/2 medium onion, chopped
2 tbsp chili powder
1 tsp red pepper flakes
1/2 tbsp garlic powder
1/2 tbsp ground cumin
1 dash ground black pepper
1 dash allspice
salt to taste

1. Brown the ground turkey, drain.

2. Spray Crockpot w/ cooking spray and mix in all ingredients.

3. Cover and cook 4 hrs on high or 8 hrs on low.

4. Enjoy!

Serves probably about 4-6. (Hard to tell because my husband eats more than the average Joe!)

Feel free to change up the beans...I use whatever is on-hand. I hope you try it...you won't be let down!

For my stove top chili recipe, click here.

0 comments:

Back to Home Back to Top Mrs. Mancove. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.