I Admit, I'm Addicted to my iPhone

I wrote this piece as an sample of my work for eCopywriters.com. They are an online copywriting service, and given that I have a degree in writing, enjoy writing, and am good at writing, I thought it would be fun to be a copywriter for them. I still plan to submit it once I've perfected it, but I still don't feel I'm at that point yet. So I thought I'd post it for you to read and give me any feedback you might have :)

Writing prompt: A product or service you simply cannot live without.

Calendar. Notes. Calculator. I’m not talking about your run-of-the-mill office products; these are iPhone apps. Apps that have played a part in revolutionizing the way I use my phone. I am more organized, more responsible, more productive, and more entertained than life without it.

I used to write my grocery list on a post-it note. I’d keep a running list and stash it in my purse for “safe” keeping. Most of the time it ended up crinkled underneath my wallet by the time I actually needed it. iPhone to the rescue! I now have an app called “notes,” which comes standard. I can keep multiple lists going, and can even email a list (with the touch of the screen) to my husband to see if he has anything to add to it.

I also used to write doctor appointments on post-its. My computer monitor was framed in these brightly colored pieces of paper. I would get so used to seeing them that I wouldn’t even notice them anymore. But wouldn’t you know, the iPhone comes with an easy-to-use calendar, so I no longer forget an appointment. I simply add it to my calendar, set a reminder alarm, and I’m done. Now, there’s nothing wrong with post-its, especially pretty colored ones. I have them all over my desk at work. But they’re not as efficient, and certainly won’t beep at you until you remember to go to your chiropractor appointment.

I no longer fear the put-it-off-another-day type of errands thanks to my multi-tasking abilities. Bring on the DMV and oil change; I can respond to email and stay in-tune with what’s going on in the world through the email and twitter apps, all while sitting in a waiting room. And, of course, I can stay in touch with friends through Facebook and Words with Friends.

Finally, one of the most important reasons why I cannot live without my iPhone is the FM 94/9 app. I recently moved to Los Angeles, and this app allows me to still listen to my favorite radio station in San Diego via my phone, connecting me back home. Sure helps ease the pain of my hour-long commute to work.

I have hardly begun to express how much my iPhone participates in my day-to-day life. To find out for yourself, take a trip to your local Apple store and purchase yours today!

0 comments:

Back to Home Back to Top Mrs. Mancove. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.